View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 08:01 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
I had a fun time putting that set together. Thankfully, I drug about half the set with me everywhere I moved. The half I did have I actually bought way back in 72. I finally finished it a couple of years ago. Just took a bit over 40 years to complete it. Damn, I’m old.

Enjoy the quest. And thanks for the post.

Butch.
I was born in 1977, so when I was a kid in this hobby, roughly 1986 to '93 - I always thought of cards like '72 as the gaudy, recent past. (As opposed to the cool, vintage past which for me at the time meant the 1950's). I wanted about as much to do with those cards as I did the green appliances and orange carpet they no doubt originally shared households with. It wasn't until I got back into cards as an adult in my late 30's that something different clicked in my head and I found '72 Topps desirable. Today, I think it's the most unique design of the decade - and it's easily my favorite. Er, well not including the anomaly that is 1971 Topps and all things related to those ridiculous black-bordered cards. I love those as well...

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-08-2023 at 04:56 AM.