View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 11:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanofjapan View Post
I’m a “mid grade” vintage collector so I almost never buy graded cards. It just doesn’t make much sense since the financial incentives for cards in high grade don’t exist for us guys collecting “presentable looking cards in the vg to vg-ex range”, so why bother?

Plus I hate the way cards look in PSA or SCG holders, its like they permanently afixed a label for prescription medication onto the top of your card and whenever you look at your card you also have to look at that. Raw cards are just a million times more attractive to behold. And flip through. And display. And put into binder pages. And take them out of binder pages whenever you feel like.

Of course if my budget was such that I was spending thousands of dollars on individual cards I’d probably be singing a different tune, but I’m quite happy with my raw cards…..
+1

I like "One-Touch" Holders a lot more than slabs with those bar-coded "prescriptions" permanently affixed to the top. Aside from the randomly assigned number grades, the flips contrast with the vintage beauty of the card itself (and serve to sterilize the overall appearance).

That said, I really wish they'd come out with a One-Touch holder made to fit 33-34 Goudey, Diamond Stars, Play Ball, and other unique sizes that are missing. I keep waiting, but to no avail.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos