View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 10:51 PM
Matt

If, "a PSA 1 is a PSA 1," then all PSA 1s should sell for the exact same amount. Last time I checked VCP, that simply wasn't the case. Same for every card in any given grade. They don't all look the same so they don't all cost the same. I wish I could get pretty PSA 1s for what ugly 1s cost. I wish I could get pretty cards in any grade for what a blurry, OC, overtraded example in the same grade would fetch. Wear on a card, even wear that warrants a technical grade of 1, can manifest in a great variety of ways— and some adversely affect eye appeal while others barely draw attention (i.e. a back wrinkle). Bottom line, cards are not stocks.

I'll keep truckin' on and buying 1s like these all day for what I want to pay, because a hobby is about personal enjoyment— the day a collector gives a flying crap what some stranger says is an "overpay" should be a frigid day in hell.

I suppose the two PSA 1s below should sell for the same amount, and someone should not "overpay" for the one on the right? LOL. I'd pay more to own and enjoy looking at the 1 on the right than a lesser centered, tilted 2 or 3. Card > Grade.

Last edited by MattyC; 05-01-2024 at 11:22 PM.