View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepmeposted View Post
To all of my Post and JELL-O buddies -- Thank you for the kind remarks and, most importantly, your hobby friendship.

It is remarkable to reflect upon my re-energized (adult?) hobby journey that began in 1978. Do you ever wonder what would have happened if certain people or circumstances had not crossed your path? To this day, I think about that chance encounter at a weekend Buena Park baseball card show in 1985 that birthed the notion of sharing my Post baseball card research. I mean, who would have thought there were other obsessive, compulsive and somewhat deranged guys that would warmly receive and generously contribute to the 1961-63 Post/JELL-O body of knowledge?

Now that I am once again reasonably physically stable, I will be looking for a local print shop to reproduce the U.S. 1961P, Canadian 1962P, and U.S. 1963P books at a fair price. Regarding my physical state, all I can say is that on Sunday I was the liturgist and managed to serve communion without my legs giving way and my body crashing into the altar. That's a good sign, RIGHT?!

Blessings to you and yours -- and I'll "keep you posted" on the book reprints.
Hey, Dan! I am truly glad the 1985 show was the catalyst that began to set into motion your brilliant Post / JELL-O research. Your writings have greatly enhanced my enjoyment of those issues, as well as a lot of other collectors.

More importantly, though, I thank the Lord God for helping you recover from your health problems and enabled you to be the liturgist and serve Holy communion at your church, keeping your legs steady and strong. I am so happy for you, brother. That is INDEED a good sign. May God continue to bless you and your family richly in the coming months and years. --- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 05-08-2024 at 01:16 PM.