View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 07:49 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
It turns out that your tint suspicions are correct. The single is definitely very blue, while the sheets are very much gray/black.
Hmm, that makes me wonder if these were produced and handed out during two different years. Everyone identifies these as 1964, although the article Todd showed is from 1965. Could one year have had the blue tint and the other year have had the black/gray tint? I can't imagine why, when you're only making 4,000 sheets, you would split it up so that some are blue tinted and others are not. Also, if you look closely at the Mays, the tip of his neck ends at slightly different locations with respect to his name. In the blue tint, the tip of the neck isn't as pointy and ends near the E in Willie. In the black/gray tint, the tip of the neck has more of a point and ends more at the middle space between the E of Willie and M of Mays. There definitely were two printings, now we need to find out if they were during different years for different handouts. In either case, you're good. You have both versions. I need to keep an eye out for a black/gray version of Mick.

Edited to add: Going back and looking at the pictures Fred posted, both Mays look similar, other than the color difference. But for some reason, in the ones you posted they look different even though one of the ones you posted is the same one Fred posted. Maybe my eyes are going bad.

Last edited by AustinMike; 05-09-2024 at 07:53 AM.