View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Default T205 Pecking Order - Question for Doug and others

Posted By: Brian Hodes

I have a set (minus a variation or 2) that I have been upgrading and my take is that the Hobby (no stats) is much more difficult than the others (it's a 4 figure card in any shape). I don't know what the population is but few and far between would certainly be conservative.
Next I think is the Wallace (1 line).
This is followed in no particular order by the Graham (Cubs), Moran (stray line), the Joss and the Shean (Cubs). Joss and Wallace command the highest prices here because they are HOFers (especially the Joss which is a sad/neat card issued after his death).
The next crew includes: the other no cap Wallace, the open variations of Collins (the nicest one I've seen is just an Ex-Mt) and Bresnahan (again HOFers with bigger price tags). Additionally, I would add the Suggs and Chase (one ear).
After that I would go with (in no order): Vaughan,
Kirby White, Dahlen, Raymond, Turner Wilhelm, Grant, Ford (white cap), and Barger (var.)
After that I guess the others listed by Lipset (including Walsh) and the other Hobby variations and all of the minor leaguers (really beautiful cards, especially the post major league card of HOFer Jimmy Collins).
Hope this helps...
By the way if anyone has a Moran (stray line) in nice shape or a Hobby (no stats) in any shape I'd be interested.