View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Default Rookie card -continued

Posted By: leon

Thought I would start a new thread for sake of getting lost....What a can 'o worms !! Rookie card....a players first major (?) league card. Card- can be just about anything you want it to be. We have debated this before and I believe never came to a general consensus....which is exactly why I lost focus on my first collecting interest which was rookie HOF's...since I got my '25 Gehrig Exhibit which is most likely his "rookie" "card"......?? Let me throw a few barbs in the shield....what about the 1863 Hoboken match ticket that says "admit to bearer on demand" ....and was meant to get into a match series as a ticket....yet it is the first "card"..(AND a n expert with a major auction house says he too thinks it is a ticket and not a card)..what about strip cards? Exhibits? "Only 1 knowns" like the Wagner Reccius-although it's minors anyway....and who wouldn't rather have Ruth's '14 card instead of his "rookie"? Joe Jackson rookie Old Mill (minors), What about the Just So Cy Young? and early CDV's-where do they fit....like the '71 Anson CDV? just some thoughts on a dull afternoon....regards all.....