View Single Post
Old 07-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay power seller protection program

Posted By: Macrae (not Mark)

I dislike this guy and shill bidding as much as anyone, but I'm feeling a bit unsure about the gang mentality brewing here against Ebay. They are obviously wrong on this issue and Rick is obviously a bum, but here's a thought; just ignore the guy and don't bid on any of his auctions. I'm sure that putting down your swords and not fighting the good fight against Ebay sounds like blasphemy to some of you. However, as an educated and careful collector, I think Ebay has been the goose that lays golden eggs for quite a few years now. It has allowed me to build a collection far beyond what I could have ever done dealing with dealers only via SCD, etc. It has also allowed me the opportunity to meet and become friends with so many great fellow collectors. Maybe ignoring Rick and others like him eventually brings places like Ebay down and allows him to get away with scamming some unfortunate collectors. However, maybe forcing the issue and trying to punish Ebay in the press, etc because of a lame guy like Rick leads down a slippery slope that might end up killing the golden goose.