View Single Post
Old 07-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay power seller protection program

Posted By: Da Mathewson

I don't think i can agree with the logic that we must not "bother" eBay becuase of one bad bidder's behavior.

1. More than one Power Seller pulls this crap.
2. Fraud is a felony, no matter the dollar amount. It should be dealt with as such.
3. eBay makes money off of every dollar sold on eBay. They are making even more on Fraud (the frauds are usually big money items, nobody is going to fraud someone over a $2.95 take), and they then Capitalize on the Fraud, especialy when they have rules against it, know it is going on, then whitewash and ignore it.
4. Leaving them alone, because the action is of one of its bidders and not eBay, is like saying "leave the catholic church alone, it's the few priests, not the church molesting and raping kids". Different severity, same mentality. The Church knew, covered it up, moved it's offenders around, allowed them to continue offending, all the while knowing all about it.

eBay, same thing, different crime, protecting its own: its big-time money makers. It's BS. They make huge money off of it, they know about it, therefore they are equally guilty for being the knowing vehicle for it to occur.

Sorry, I don't buy that. eBay is just as guilty, perhaps moreso.