View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default This no longer a joke

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

you-know-what this time.

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with this current posting of David's, especially after the links that Brian Parker has now shown us, which David commented about and recalled when he created this thread.

On this very board...twice in one thread and once in another thread, Koos himself states that he bought this Mantle for $12,500 and the Jackson for $8,900 and then states these exact words: "That's $21,400 worth of wall-paper that I never tried foisting off or bouncing back to anyone else in the hobby."

He then goes on after that to say everything about PRO-Grading that everyone else here says, and states these very words: "It would be safe to say that EVERY Pro-graded card, at least those of pre-1960 vintage, can be assumed to be restored. From the scans of every Pro-graded card I've ever seen on Ebay, I can honestly say that I've never seen one Vintage card that DIDN'T look unaltered in some way. If you own a Pro-graded card, get it graded by SGC, PSA, or BGS for the straight scoop. You're only in denial if you don't regardless of whether it's a $100 or $12,500 card."

Then, Koos yaks about ethics. Seeing his current auction, Koos' ethics become the joke of the century.

Well, now...I wonder how good shoes really taste when one's foot is profoundly stuck in one's mouth...

Nevertheless, to make a criminal complaint/charge, the primary element that one must show is EITHER knowledge or intent. Both are evident here...he clearly states his knowledge that these are worthless cards. Then, his intent is shown in placing the Mantle up for auction at this outrageous auction he has listed. One doesn't need to actually be successful at the crime, one must only take significant steps toward commission of the crime. That has been done. The FBI wouldn't need to wait for an unsuspecting victim. I'd think there would be enough right here to press criminal fraud charges for clearly attempting to perpetrate fraud. With this Board and eBay both clearly in the public domain, this would be pretty easy to charge and prosecute, and I would think the numbers are significant enough to warrant a felony arrest and investigation.