View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Default This no longer a joke

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Here are Koos' words exactly copied from an entry he made on June 17, less than 2 months ago:

"As far as I know, I still own BOTH worthless cards that I bought from this outfit. A 1952T Mantle "Pro" 8 ('Pro-graded' being a Politically correct synonym for restored)that I'm out $12,500 on PLUS a lovely E90-1 Jackson in "Pro" 7 that I shelled out $8,900 for. That's $21,400 worth of wall-paper that I never tried foisting off or bouncing back to anyone else in the hobby. You make an off-the-cuff mindless statement about morals like some contemptuous, idiotic, jack-ass, without putting your mind in gear before engaging your fingers. Would YOU sit with $21,400 tied up in two cards that you found out were GARBAGE after you paid CASH for them, for 2 years, and NEVER once try to foist them on some unsuspecting Ebayer?"

First of all, he says he found out 2 YEARS AGO that they were garbage...so it wasn't "us guys" on this board that made him think that. He became aware of it through a different venue altogether. He says he never tried foisting them on anyone for 2 YEARS. So, he knew TWO YEARS AGO that they were fake/worthless.

(Those were his own words here, folks, go back and look).

Secondly, he is now trying to FOIST them on someone. The person he bought them from may not have known, but it was up to Koos to go after that seller at that time; it is NOT sanguine for him to hold on to them for two years and THEN try to FOIST them off on someone else. Like I said, he has expressed clear KNOWLEDGE that they are fake/worthless, and he said this LESS THAN TWO MONTHS AGO.

Thirdly...what significant apocalypse has happened in the last few weeks to suddenly go from his statements about his two cards and PRO, to his position now? It's quite an "about face".

Just a few short weeks ago, on June 17, Koos states these words exactly: "It would be safe to say that EVERY Pro-graded card, at least those of pre-1960 vintage, can be assumed to be restored. From the scans of every Pro-graded card I've ever seen on Ebay, I can honestly say that I've never seen one Vintage card that DIDN'T look unaltered in some way. If you own a Pro-graded card, get it graded by SGC, PSA, or BGS for the straight scoop. You're only in denial if you don't regardless of whether it's a $100 or $12,500 card."

Those are very exact words..."...EVERY Pro-graded card, at least those of pre-1960 vintage, can be assumed to be restored." (and) "...every Pro-graded card I've ever seen on Ebay, I can honestly say that I've never seen one Vintage card that DIDN'T look unaltered in some way."

Words like VERY and NEVER are very precise. In all that time Koos NEVER saw one that wasn't unaltered. And, EVERY one can assume to be restored. Is that "us guys" on this Board telling him to say this, as he whines back to everyone in a response?

NO. It is his own words describing his own experiences and his own observations. Just like it was NOT this Board that told him his Mantle and Jackson was garbage...he found that out TWO YEARS AGO.

Then, he comes in here frequently stroking his own ego to tell us how rich he is, how he benches a quarter-ton, how he picks up whatever women he wants to, how he has a half-million dollar fleet of cars to drive to make him happy...yet, he is fixated on a mere $20K or so in "wallpaper" as he puts it. This would be pocket change for someone so wealthy and rich and awesome as he says he is...again, more of the "distraction" that a "shill" uses to take someone's eyes off of what is really going on... Apart from his unwavering morals that he told us about earlier, he will try to sell this garbage to someone. Certainly not because he needs the money, since he is so wealthy, but because he wants to sell the garbage to someone and pass that pain on to someone else.

These are all Koos's words from earlier posts, nothing else. If you think that Koos is above Board, and the Mantle is offered at a great price for the "grade", then buy it yourself as an investment. Koos own words just a few weeks ago completely defiled those cards; and his discovery that they are valueless was made long ago. Like I said, those are his own words and it had nothing to do with the people here on this board.