View Single Post
Old 08-13-2002, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default This no longer a joke

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...I don't think I've ever seen anyone go back on what they say, and contradict themselves so much, as this guy does...

Is it stupidity, bad memory, or plain dishonesty?

First you say all the crap about these cards and about PRO-Grading LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AGO. Then, you try to claim you have a near-religious apocalypse in a short time which makes you say that these two cards (which you said were wall-paper in June) are suddenly wonderful, un-altered beauties worth almost twice what you paid for them. And, PRO is just as good and reliable as every other Grader. (Laugh-my-butt-off...)

Later, you cry about how everyone's posts on THIS BOARD made you think all the evil stuff about the cardboard you have slabbed by PRO. Now, in this recent post above, you AGAIN say: "I thought I was buying a legitimate card and two months later when I put it back up on Ebay in one of MY auctions, THAT'S when the emails came pouring in on the card being bad, and VonDole and company being crooks."

This is hilarious. Your story is as straight as a dog's hind leg. You really should go back, look at all the crap you have PUT INTO WRITING ON A PUBLIC BOARD, and try to reconcile it with the ridiculous story you're blending-up now.

Then, hope that whatever unlucky, disdainful soul ever buys one of these slabbed scraps-of-paper from you NEVER finds the posts which you YOURSELF have put on this board about these cards. And, pray they don't have a brother or uncle or sister in law enforcement that will want to make you a personal project of theirs...

EBay's policies mean nothing. Most of their policies they don't enforce anyway, and just because they say you can sell this or that doesn't make it legal; and just because they prohibit the sale of other things doesn't make it illegal. EBay is eBay, and their lack of procedure in enforcing their policies makes them a joke. But hang your hat on eBay like you've been screaming...and, if you're ever arrested for fraud, give them a call and see if they'll spend one dime or one minute helping you out...

By the way...for those who have suggested they may be coming to Seattle to visit sometime, the weather is awesome here. Has been for several days now. Clear blue Puget Sound skies, about 81 degrees, almsot no humidity... very mild and gorgeous. David and Jeff and I will meet y'all for coffee and talk vintage cards and such if you come and visit.

I have no need to try and impress people with my financial status or my fleet of expensive cars, etc...but I will brag about the Seattle weather when it gets nice up here. LOL