View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Default Fraudulent Ebay User ID Emails!! (Please Read)

Posted By: Eric Eichelkraut

Hello everyone,

I find it my civic duty to inform everyone on this board about a fraudulent email that I received yesterday. Here are the details:

Subject: NOTICE: Ebay Obligatory Verifying-Invalid User Information.

<We regret to inform you that your home phone number is not valid. To provide us your phone number, just click the link below and click on "Update my registration information":

http://cgi4.ebay.com (I have truncated this address)

We use your phone number for your identification only. Please complete this thing. If you will not provide us your valid phone number then we will regret to inform you that your Ebay account will be suspended due to the violation of our site policy below:

*Invalid User Information-Our records show that there are some discrepancies with the information that you registered with on our service. Due to this violation your account will be suspended indefinately from the site until valid information can be provided.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using Ebay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that this suspension does not relrieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to Ebay.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
Ebay, Inc.

>>Before responding to this email, I emailed Ebay last night to assure myself the validity of the email. Due to the poor level of English written in the email, I found it to be very suspicious. This morning I recieved an email from Ebay stating that no such email was ever sent to me be them or any affiliate of their company. They also mentioned that they would fully investigate the matter.
If you receive this email, please contact Ebay with a complaint, so that the problem will compound itself in their interest. Thanks,

Eric Eichelkraut (goudeyhunter)