View Single Post
Old 12-09-2002, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Default removing cards from scrapbooks...

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I had a Scrapps Comiskey with a perfect front, and about 1/8 inch thick scrapbook residue, glue, newspaper, etc. on the back. Mark Macrae told me this: Get some q-tip swabs and some skinny toothpicks. Turn the card upsidedown. Allow a q-tip, wet, to rest on the back of the card until some part of back of card is damp--wet, in fact.. Gently start scratrching with the skinny toothpick. I repeated and repeated this, until--the toothpick stopped digging up newsprint, scrapbook, and stuff. In other words, the REAL back of the card. I dried it carefully with paper towels ands heavy books. When dry, the front looked perfect, and the card was nice and thin; the back, however, had heavy wood-glue stains on it (most Scrapps backs do
anyway)--the back is originally blank.

I'm not sure this would work so well with your '58 (or around then) football player. Scrapps are NOT porus--I'm afraid when you got down to the card back (which probably has important information on it anyway), the toothpick would keep on digging, because of the porousness of the card.

Anyway, it works with Scrapps!