View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Weird T206 Card - need theories

Posted By: Jon C

That picture posted at top of the card with the streaking looked so familiar - but couldn't place my finger on where I had seen something similar before. Well - it all came back to me yesterday!!! IAs some of you guys know, my main area of focus is on the baseball related cigarette packs... I received an email from the T206 Museum on something I've been working on with them. When I was cruising around the site, I remembered reading about the T206 card pulled from a Piedmont pack purchased on ebay! I hadn't read the circumstances surrounding the pack in a while, so i looked up the article to read it again. ( here is the link if you want to read it for yourself http://www.t206museum.com/page/periodical_16.html) Needless to say, when I started looking through the pictures - BAM - there it was! As you can see in the picture - the card has the same similar "cracking/streaking" as the one you have pictured above. Now, since this card was pulled straight from the pack - I would tend to think that these are not "proofs" or ones pulled from a scrap pile. Instead, I tend to agree with those who think they are just due to ink running. (Please note that the ink in the above card stayed within the borders, too) Well, I'm not expert, but that is my opinion! What does everyone else think?