View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Default Ugliest set ever

Posted By: brian parker

Being somewhat a connoisseur of ugly pre-ww2 cards (we all have our shortcomings), I would agree that the MP&Co issues are near the top of the heap. Some other cards that compete in this catergory are several (not all) of the W series cards, such as the W512, W513, W516, W519, and W522. I used to lump the W515 set in this group, but have come to realize that, besides being very colorful, the artwork is somewhat reminiscent of comic book artwork, and many of the players look like they could easily be villians.

Some of the other ugly sets would have to include the R308 Tattoo Orbits (not the normal colored set, but those self-developing monstrosities), the V100 Willard Chocolates, and the 1910 era All Star 'E' cards. Not that I would turn away any of these--they would just make me wish I had lower wattage bulbs when I looked at them.

I would have to disagree about the T209 set--I only own one, but from what I have seen from the set it appears that most have very sharp photos of the players, quite often in interesting poses.

Brian