View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Default Forum appreciation thread!

Posted By: Ben

Hello all,

After reading and posting here for about a year, I feel moved to start a network 54 appreciation thread. Hopefully other board members will have their own appreciations to add as well. Through the posts I have read, the friendships I have formed, and the knowledge I have accumulated as a result, this forum has become an invaluable resourse for me as a collector of pre-war baseball cards, and I have many people to thank for it.

So here it goes. First off, huge thanks to Elliot, the creator and moderator of this site. Thank you for making it all possible Elliot.

Next is a long list of shout outs. There are the people I have gotten to know on a personal level, people who have deepened my hobby (and non-hobby) knowledge. Thanks to Julie, Scott, Robert S, David R, Andy B, BCornell, Jimmy, Jay Behrens, Lee Behrens, vintagecatcher, Chris (the-illini), Quan, Tbob, Jeff Mckee, Jeff Sackmann, Jeff K, Mike Mcgrail, Mike Plemmons, Dan M, Nickinvegas, Brian H. Oh man, I really hope I didn't leave anyone out!

Next thanks go out to the hobby gurus, the "big fish", who, although I haven't had much personal contact, have still contributed A LOT to the board. Thanks to Jay Miller, MW, Warshlawlaw, Leon, Pete C, BCD, Art M, Scott Brockelman, Brian Weisner, Kieth O, Jeff O, JC, and of course, Bob Lemke.

Y'all may say I'm sucking up, but I figured some thank you's were due eventually. May this board continue to grow and flourish as the locus of vintage cardboard info! You guys rock!