View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Jerry,

I, too, had a similar experience with this seller.

About 4 years ago I bid on and won a great looking e91-A Rube Waddell on ebay. These are ugly cards, but this was a particularly nice-looking example. Waddell is one player I am trying to get one of every known card or premium of. I needed the card and so I won it.

What I received looked NOTHING like the "scan" that was listed in the ebay description. It was described as EX-MT to NR-MT, by the way. There were very rounded and fraying corners, chipping to the border, it looked VG at the very best. I immediately got online to look at the ebay auction again to compare the scan to the card, but the scan had already been removed.

I e-mailed the seller and told him the card looked nothing like the scan and asked if he could please e-mail me the original scan of the card. He replied that he had already deleted it from his computer. Hmmmmm. It was obvious to me that he had touched up the scan before posting the card on ebay and I accused him of doing exactly that. He denied it, but then, exactly as he did with you, offered me a small amount of money to make up for the discrepancy.

Later on I decided to get some of my Waddell cards graded. This card currently resides in an SGC 30 holder.

I guess my point is, I believe your story.

-Ryan