View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Fraud Story

Posted By: Elliot

Just so any newcomers are not discouraged from posting, let me clearly state that they are most welcome, in fact, encouraged to post. However anonymous posters that wish to state opinions will have their posts deleted.
Now, in this specific case, I did not save the original post when it was deleted, so even if I had wanted to, I would not have been able to repost it.
But, if I had it, I would not have reposted it for the following reasons:

1) Mr. Dahl (???) has been a member of ebay for the past 6 years, with a total of 22 feedbacks, and none given by him. One transactions in the past 3 years. Does this sound like an active sportscard collector who would read our board? Two of his 22 feedbacks were from rbcraik@aol.com.

2)When Mr. Dahl (??) first signed up for ebay he used a name that was xxxxx@aol.com and only later changed it to callmebb. Is it only a coincidence that rbcraik also uses the same ISP. Also, why change your name in April 2003, when you haven't used ebay in years. Sounds strange.

3) Tracing the IP #, from the original post, leads us to a business that is located less than one mile away from RBCraik's home address in La Quinta, California.

Could all of these things be coincidences? Absolutely, so I remain willing to be corrected. In the meantime, though, I would take the comments of Mr. Dahl to be suspicious.

Let me reiterate that new posters are welcomed, and should feel no hesitation in posting.

Elliot