View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Default ANOTHER SLABBIBG BLUNDER

Posted By: leon

I spoke to a gentleman at SGC today and we spoke about a variety of topics. First of all the Old Judge was a flat out mistake. For a company that values itself on grading most of our little gems it was a large mistake. What to do? Fix it and try to not let it happen again. I am sure SGC and David spoke and it was agreed to pull the card asap...as should have been done. It should not have happened but did. I think, that as some things in life, you almost have to judge by the big picture though. What is the frequency of mistakes (understanding "one" is too many) that each company makes? So far I have personally seen fewer mistakes by SGC than the others. I don't have a great understanding of how well my friends at Beckett and SCD do, as I don't see too many old vintage cards in their holders. Can't speak much to their consistancy with that being said. AS for the price increase as I stated in my prior post on this thread I have gone back and "digested" it. There really wasn't an increase except in cross over fees. I guess I can live with that As for the SGC "open" registry I really believe the ops people want to do it but it is a little out of their control. There are other priorities (I am told) and this has not made it to the top of the list. I explained how I know it might be a tough industry but this is a REVENUE generator....hmmm...oh well, what's the old saying...you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him Open the Registry later