Thread: Letter to eBay
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Default Letter to eBay

Posted By: botn

Congratulations eBay!! As of Sat 8/9 you have helped Eagle8016 gross over $68,500 with another 15 quality reprints to end on Mon 8/11. The figures on this so far are listing fees $65 and final value seller's fee of about $2500.

I received a message on Sunday afternoon from the Power Seller's Investigations Team to go over any additional questions or concerns that I might have about this situation. Here is the e-mail follow up that they sent and my reply.

Hello Greg,

This is a follow up notice to my phone call attempt today regarding your concerns over sports memorabilia and eBay's authentication policies.

While we were not able to contact you personally, I just wanted to advise you that if you have any additional concerns or questions regarding eBay's policy or the above notice please let me know by
responding to this email or by calling me direct at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Regards,

Gabriel
Investigations Team
eBay Powerseller Support

Gabriel

I am aware of ebay's position and understand it from a legal point of view. As a collector, retailer and person who truly cares about the integrity of the card industry I am appalled and want to intervene in someway. What is occurring with respect to this one individual is unconscionable. He has been thrown off twice under two other ids yet due to technicalities evades suspension and hides behind the rules that are there to protect honest participants on your site. His open and closed auctions are over $60,000. He is committing fraud and doing so over state line. I just think that it is a shame that ebay gives these people such an easy out to being able to commit this type of crime.

I will be contacting my connections at Sports Collectors Digest (Krause Publications), MSNBC.Com, Beckett Publications as well as Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector to raise public awareness. I would post all over your message boards but I know that would be a site infraction and wind me up as suspended (now that is complete irony).

Thanks for taking the time to contact me and follow up by phone and now e-mail.

My best,
Greg