View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Default WHY DO PEOPLE COLLECT 19th CENTURY?

Posted By: Anonymous

You:
I am into the history of the game and fell in love with 'old' cards after finding a price guide around 1980. As for 'good investment', collectibles should never be used as an investment. Your 401k or house is an investment. If you don't already have solid investments like these established, you shouldn't be looking to use collectibles as an investment vehichle.

ME:
THanks for the honest and serious response. I was beginning to wonder if there were any here. I guess the answer is that they aren't the best investment? I enjoy collecting, and am sure I will never be able to afford much, which is why I would like to think that my cards will appreciate. I have put together some statistics and found the HOF rookies do well throughout the years (even through economic times-once you are through them). ALso, the higher graded cards do the best over the long term.

I am on the prowl for some good forums that don't specialize in pre-war, so that I can leave you lucky rich specialized group to your own....

Thanks for the "serious" response.