View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default GAI - What GRADE IS THIS?

Posted By: Anonymous

LEON:
I was going to stay out of it but just couldn't. I have no issue with the folks at Beckett. As a matter of fact I count 2 of their top people as good friends. (hey guys).....btw, they read the board.

ME:
GREAT, another person that isn't "ANTI-BECKETT".

LEON:
The issue with Beckett is their graders don't know vintage cards very well and their price guide on them is completely out of whack.

ME:
No debate here. PSA is less than 20 years old, so there is lots of room for Beckett to grow. It is nice to know that there isn't only one grading company though...the more established and respectable graders out there, the better for the collector. It is obvious that Beckett vintage grading is getting "better" from their initial attempts.

LEON:
You seem like a well educated, and unfortunately, unemployed person.

ME:
THank you, and it's nice to see there are some here that can have a difference of an opinion and still reamin respectable.

LEON:
I suggest you heed the advice of many on this board and do a little more research on vintage before you post, and vintage to us is primarily pre-'41, not '87 Topps. Good luck to you....

ME:
My personal interest are HOF ROOKIES FROM 1909 to present, and on the newer stuff, only the RARE ROOKIES (ie tiffanies, SP, glossys, minor league etc...). I am not about to change my interests so that I can "clicque" with the forum.

As for what grade I collect, I collect the best grade I can find for the most reasonable price within my budget....which i often go over...

I am not pro-beckett, SGC, PSA, or GAI. I collect only the nicest "centered" grade I can. The one GAI card I bought was because I haven't been able to land another nice graded Desert Storm Chipper Jones.

I am sure you are well respected here by your demeanor, and I applaud you.

Sincerely,
Mike