View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal screws over another board member

Posted By: David Seaborn

I know there was a recent thread on this, but I feel obligated to let you guys know how PayPal has screwed me over.
Last October an eBay buyer named Francine7117, who of course, is now an unregistered user due to failure of payment to multiple sellers, won several of my auctions. After a long wait and several emails, she finally paid for two of my cards which totaled about $125. The rest she never paid for.
Anyway, jump to a few weeks ago. Francine put in a claim with her credit card that the two cards were bought wtth a stolen card (contrary to her emails with me at the time). PayPal sent me a notice (to which I could not respond) that I had to prove I sent the items. Of course, they gave me a three day deadline and no phone number and I was out of town. On returning, I immediately went to there site and emailed them explaining the items were uninsured at buyer's choice and I had no tracking number. Yesterday I received an email from 'Jorge' at PayPal (again no phone number and I could not respond to this email) stating all I had to do was provide the tracking number. Obviously this was a form letter or he had not taken the time to read my email.
Today, I get an email stating PayPal has taken back the $125 from me AND charged me a $10 'reversal fee' for each transaction. Now I'm out almost $150 and she has the cards....Unbelievable....I guess there's nothing I can do other than printing out all the emails they sent me that I couldn't respond to and use them for toilet paper.