View Single Post
Old 02-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Question about selling graded cards

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

When it comes to pricing N172's it's very tricky. You can pick up some tough cards cheap and sell some common cards way out of the ballpark. (LEW)

I think when it comes to the price guide you can throw it away, burn it, use it for a decent checklist. So many of the so called common cards are not so common, (Wow say that times really fast) case in point Ed Cushman, which I now proudly own!!! There are so many different ways people collect Old Judges it's very hard to tell how much of a premium someone is will to pay and why that person would want to pay that premium. I for one am collecting to set by player name only. So I would be willing to pay a extra few bucks for the cards I need. High grade cards are less of attraction for me as I can buy two sometimes three 40's for the price of a 80 or higher. I do know a few collectors who only collect EX cards or better and are willing to pay top dollar for cards in that condition. When it comes to trying to gage a price scale for N172's it's next to impossible. There're way to many factors involved. That is why auction houses like Slote, Lipset and ebay are your best avenue the sell cards unless you have a running client want-list and know the buying habits of those clients. Just to give a little perspective on the current market, I have been paying $100-$350 for cards I need, prices doesn't include HOF'ers. The over all average has been around $200.

Adam if you would like further assistance please feel free to e-mail me.

Trevor Hocking
trevor@synergystudios.tv