View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Default Scarcest 20TH Century Baseball Card Set

Posted By: J Levine

These are my opinions of some tough sets to complete in the 20th century category. Again, only my opinion.

Felin's Franks are extremely tough. I have only seen a handful in the last twenty years. Heck, I still dont have a complete listing of Phillies from these!!

Darby Chocolates are very tough although they seem to pop up more often than the Felins Franks. There is a complete box in the Robert Edwards Auction.

1912 and 1914 Boston Garter...those are very difficult.

1924 Diaz cigs. are rather tough. Out of country issue but still counts in my book.

1911 Ju-Ju Drum...only seen a handful in the last few decades.

1911 T-205 Drum set (if we are to include different backs). And if anyone has an poor example they want to sell...

1971 House of Jazz...I own a few but have not seen any on ebay or at large shows for years.

1912 L1 Leathers...I see stars of these but try finding a common like Dooin or Magee!

1949 Lummis peanut butter...tough regional.

T-214 Victory...still looking for a Magee...tough cards to come by. Would like to know if he is pictured as a Phillie.

1937 Wheaties small...these were on the single serving size and in he last few years have only seen the same one offered over and over again. Tough issue.

That Allegeheny card set I still believe is one of a kind. I should have bought the Phillies from it a few year back at the National when they were going for something reasonable. I still think it was a promo or gift and not issued widely so I dont really count it.