View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Default This is what the postal clerk said.....

Posted By: kyle lentine

I encountered this same thing a few months ago. I was shipping some cards off to be graded and the clerk said to you want insurance? I said yes for $4,000. She said do you mind me asking what is in the box. I said some valuable baseball cards. She told me dont waste your money, she works on insurance claims all the time.
She said the post office would not pay out on this insurance claim if the package was lost and probably not even it was damaged. She said they "are paper items" and they would only pay off on the cost of reprinting or copying them. Also that amount of insurace for that type of item poses a problem for them.
She also said I would actually have to prove the cards condition at time of shipment, and have copies of acutal bills of sale for them to even consider paying on them, and that would only be in the case if they were damaged. If they were lost, I would have to prove the cards were actually in the package at the time they were sent, and again it would be highly unlikely they would pay on it anyway.

She said, again that she deals with this regularly, she is a SUPERVISOR, and knows from experience this to be the case and not to waste my money on insurance that would likely not be paid, being these were "paper items" and the insurance was for such a "large amount". Obviously this statement comes out of clerks mouths more often than some people may think
The post office stinks!!