View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Default Boy, does this search engine work!

Posted By: Julie

In 2002, Glen V attended mark Macrae's (first) summer show, where i met him--he especially wanted to see a new card I'd acquired--a N332-2 Ewing. Afterwards. he posted what a great card it was, and that he met me at Mark's table, and that Mark and I made him feel like "Alan Iverson standing between the pope and Mother Teresa."

I had to ask who Alan Iverson was--although the name had a familiar ring.

In a recent French-Canadian movie (you REALLY want to know all this, right?) one of the characters refers to the pope and Mother Teresa as "a surly Pole and a slimy Albanian"--he also says someone will be "sitting between them, playing a harp on a cloud." )(she's a nun--the kind that doesn't wear a habit, and she's teriffic.)

SO: I was reminded of what Gl;en V said, two years ago, and thought I would write him about what the guy in the movie said. (YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW ALL THIS , RIGHT?)I had to look up his name, which I did by typing in "the pope and mother Teresa," in our SEARCH feature--and it worked like a charm. His e-mail address appeared. Unfortunately, the e-mail came backed to me marked "addressee unknown" or that sort of stuff. SO: I asked if anyone had heard of or from Glen V lately, and what was his e-mail?

My comments ("this search engine really works great!") and ("unfortunately, Glen V is no longer at his 2002 e-mail address. Anybody have it?") were perfectly clear, they just didn't explain the situation--which has only minimally to do with baseball cards! AMEN!