View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Default Another chop-shop destroys baseball history

Posted By: Judge Dred

With the juice + S/H the total for that item was about $24K. An enterprising person would have thought to do this, a historian would never have thought of doing this. As you know there are a few of these books out there and this just happens to be the first (that most may know of) being dismembered and parted out for profit. Sad to say that you have to figure that a Harry Wright signature on something like this will garnish a few bucks. If you don't like it then don't bid on it. Obviously it matters not what the seller thinks because they already destroyed the document. Writing them about what an A$$ hole they are probably wouldn't hurt their feelings because obviously they don't care. It's the almighty $$ that drives them. There is another thread out there about $500 a pack Upper Deck stuff. Now this is the type of stuff that would make those stupid packs worth it.

Sometimes free enterprise is very offensive (like this) but at least most of us can feel better because we can answer the question - "why didn't I think of that?"

As much as I would like a nice Harry Wright signature I will not bid on any of these pages. The cool part of doing something like this is that maybe, just maybe it will make destroying history unprofitable for the next person.