View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone know anything about an ebay buyer-seller

Posted By: Joe P.

I see that the situation begs for another approach.
Let's look at it from another stand point.
The horseless carriage:
The Model T Ford, and the Ford Mustang.
From two different era's, vastly different in structure and built from the known technology of their time.
Both were different, and from a different time, but they were looked upon as cars that were the top of the line for their time.
Just like the players that played for the known professional teams of the 1800's, you can't compare them to the ones that played in the early 1900's, or to ones that played in the continuous juiced up ball, and later juiced up players of our time.

Regardless of the era, they were all Pro's.
Call it whatever you want.
From before and after town ball, the rules were changing, the equipment was changing, the ball parks were changing, the ball was changing, there was a time when walks were counted as a hit, what is now a ground rule double into the stands were once counted as a Home run.
Nick, you're hung up on the word majors, that was also one of changes that came with the evolvement of the game.

Nick, I'm very confused by your following quote.

"The contribution of latin players is important to me beacuse:
I love the history of baseball and I feel that there is little mention of the historical contributions of latin players. It suprising that a game that is so populated with latin players gives little attention to their history. I hope to bring more of that wonderful history to light."
Nick, your above statement is a contradiction to your statement that Cubans, or other Latinos did not play what was known as the Pro ball of that era. .... Not only that, but you're discrediting the wonderful history that your talking about.

It appears that as far as your concerned, the history of Pro ball started in the early 1900's.
If that's the case, then you're right.
There's no reason to talk about Joe Start, Bill Craver, Bellan, Nava, George Wright, Tom York, Charley Radbourn, Monte Ward, etc.

The Model T Ford - Ford Mustang.
Will the real car please drive off.

BTW, Senor Hal Gator, that's a bery bery good looking card of Senor Grovero Clevelandero Pedrito Alejandro.
Wan of zee best peloteros to eva com owt of La Habana Cuba.

Sank you,
Jose P.