Thread: OJ question
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Default OJ question

Posted By: Jeff S

There are still quite a few out there, mostly in the hands of a few sellers. Rarely a month goes by that I don't see a dozen OJ actresses sold singly or as a lot. But I've noticed a lot more baseball folks bidding on those, which suggests that more and more of them are being skinned. Kind of frustrating, I would imagine, to people that collect the actresses for the images on the front. In the year+ that I've followed actress auctions and collected them, I think the value has gone up 100% on decent condition, non-trimmed (read: usable for rebacking) OJ actresses. At the same time, similar actress cards, such as Kimball's and Sweet Caps haven't gone up at all. (I still get those for a couple bucks a piece on occasion.) A
lso be aware that some less-than-expert dealers in 19th century paper don't know just how intricate the market for actress cards is: it's fairly common to a see a lot with a mix of makers, sometimes including OJ, Lone Jack, and other rarer brands (cards that can bring $20) along with a slew of sweet caps.