View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Default Future collecting generations

Posted By: Ben

As a younger member of the board, I too am optimistic about the future of the hobby, particularily our little "niche" of it. OF course there will be some rises and dips in the market here and there, as with any market (19th century and caramel card pricing is a good recent indicator of this). But for the most part, I think that prewar card values have a strong base that will hold steady (at very least) for years to come.

I do think the future of the prewar market depends on the efforts we Net 54 members make today. Many network 54ers already contribute to this future on a daily basis, and this is a big reason for my optimism. Whether it be writing an article for VCBC, making informative posts on this forum, making ties with younger collectors via trades and sales, selling a nice card at a great price to a newbie to turn him on to the old stuff, ect etc...all these sorts of things help ensure that the next generation of 20-somethings will have a strong presence in the hobby for years to come.