View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default T3 Turkey Red discovery.

Posted By: qualitycards

Elliot urged me to come aboard and share this information, so here is my 1st post.

As a T3 collecor, I wanted to get a companion piece for display. Be it a period advertisement, a Turkey Red cigarette pack or a coupon voucher.

I found a voucher on eBay and was happy to add it to my collection, and while reading the rules & regulations on submitting the 10 coupons for a card of your choice.
I noticed that it states that the Baseball players would be ready for release on April 1, 1910 and would expire on June 30, 1911. So this is clearly a 1910 set, not 1911 as it is stated in the Standard catalog of Baseball cards and Beckett publications. Way back Burdick or someone must have looked at the back of a T3 where it states that the offer expires June 30, 1911, and assumed it was a 1911 issue. But the cards were released to the public at the beginning of the 1910 season.
I notified Bob Lemke last week and he responded today that he will indeed change the date to 1910 for the 2006 edition of the Standard Catalog (the 2005 has already gone to press)..jay