View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Default Why Insult The Buyers???

Posted By: BillL

"The only thing you need to tell novice..." ???
What a charming attitude. You need to tell the novices everything! When they want to "chat a bit", do you climb out of your throne or down from your horse?
Yes, I am truly sad about the inaccurate price GUIDES that use basic concepts for pricing.
But, I am truly glad that I don't have to pay $1,000/month for accurate GUIDES and rent a truck to move it around.
How many times did you call those ads? How many times did you actually buy from them? First, I don't see the scam.
If they didn't buy from you, all you were out was the phone call. If you didn't buy from them, you didn't buy overpriced cards. Outrageous selling prices occur with everything. I don't remember being required to pay them for collectables.
IMO, there is a much greater scam potential buying from someone who prices on "the current market" versus someone using a recognized GUIDE, with recognized qualifyers. The current market might be %200 of HBV. But, before I decide to buy or not, I will want to know what the HBV actually is and what qualifyers are driving the value up.
The condition/grading discussion/argument goes on forever.