View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Default Was This good or not (T206 lot with Uzit Tinker)

Posted By: Judge Dred

The PSA 2 grade assigned just reinforces that the subjectivity of these grading companies varies well beyond the point of reason. It's this subjectivity that creates debates about these companies with regard to doing the collecting community a service or disservice.

I realize that in a lot of cases the so called reputable grading companies do a relatively fair job but they should strive to be more consistent in the product/service that is offered. I've had cards hammered by PSA because there was a touch of "glue residue" left on the back of a blank back card. This card doesn't have residue, it has part of the PICTURE/PLAYER IMAGE missing (on the FRONT of the card).

I'm happy that you received a "good" grade on the card but it's a shame to see another "poor/fair" subjective blunder by one of the so-called reputable grading services. Does that mean I'm going to stop using PSA, probably not but I'll only hope that I can get one of the untrained monkeys to push the wrong button on my grading slip. Oops, I apologize to all untrained monkeys because I'm sure a real chimp could probably figure out how to be more consistent in their subjectivity. Oops, I knew I shouldn't have gone down this path but it's just how I feel. If anyone is offended, my apologies, if you agree with me - we're brothers in arms.