View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Default net 54 type collection- PART 3

Posted By: tbob

<<<< I dare anyone to find a Chance New York with the green background portrait pose on ANY card, or on the cover of ANY notebook or used for ANY artwork purpose. Until that happens, there is no evidence the cards are NOT proofs." TB.>>>

<<<- You dare us? Them are fighting words Bob. I dare you to be big enough to admit you're wrong should one be found. And what are we supposed to do differently because you are a forum user? Look critically and logically at OTHER peoples offerings but if it comes from someone here we should just look the other way? That would make us EXACTLY what the scum in the hobby thinks we are here. Pete >>>

Pete, I absolutely will admit that I am wrong if you or anyone else can find one. That said, I am sure no one ever will.
Anyone here obviously can have any opinion they want on any issue and I'll respect it, what I was not happy about was that this forum was used to create what the courts call a "chilling effect" which ended up affecting the card price based on total speculation and no shred of evidence that the card was not a proof. I certainly don't feel that because I am a regular poster that I should be immune to anyone's opinions regarding a card which is offered for sale. On the other hand I don't think that anyone's cards should arbitrarily and capriciously be slammed based on pure speculation without any evidence to back it up. If you want to say, "well a certain card looks trimmed because I observe the tell-tale signs or it appears short" fine, that is an opinion based on observation. If you want to say, "I don't think a certain card is real because I have examined the dot pattern or the colors are not correct, etc." fine, ditto. But to say a card is not a proof because someone hasn't ever seen one before, is wrong.

<<<C'mon Bob, don't you think that I, more than most would LOVE the fact that a proof from an e-set exists? Prove that card, the Kling, the Davis are authentic "proof" cards and when one comes to auction believe me, set your reserve, it will sell.>

I am trying, Pete, believe me I am trying. If and when I do, it will go back in the vault, tucked neatly inside its little slab.