View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Default net 54 type collection- PART 3

Posted By: tbob

I don't believe the e96 Lajoie card was a proof September 12 2004, 6:41 PM Grading companies make mistakes (anyone disagree with this?)RunScott>>

So Scott, have any evidence it is NOT a proof?

...just as sellers on ebay sometimes speculate that cards are proofs when they are more likely to be pictures cut out of scorecards or notebook covers.>>

Since when were notebook covers and scorecards printed on almost tissue thin paper?

Also, I don't think we should avoid discussing odd items on ebay just because it might effect someone's sales. >>

People can say anything they want but when someone speculates and makes a rash statement without any proof (no pun intended) or evidence and the result is it affects the results of someone's item on ebay, that is just plain wrong. If you were selling the SGC entombed E96 Lajoie on ebay and it was trashed by posters on this board because they just didn't think it was a proof, no reason, they just didn't think it was, and as a result you received several hundred dollars less than you expected, I have to believe you'd be roaring and sputtering to beat the band...