Thread: Self Insuring
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default Self Insuring

Posted By: Judge Dred

Wow, that was very insightful. I was thinking more along the lines of smaller ebay sales. I think anyone that ships an item worth over $500 without some type of delivery signature confirmation (and possibly insurance) is absolutely nuts.

I guess the laws of "common sense" should prevail. What would a reasonable and prudent person do in certain situations. Personally I'd hate to see law enforcement (courts, etc.) get involved in minor disputes related to something purchased off an internet website or auction site. There are extenuating circumstances (like the CRAZYCANUCK and a few others) but those would represent the exception not the rule.

I guess feedback is ebays BBB and people should carefully read the comments in those sections. Recently someone provided a link to assist in searching for an ebay sellers negative postings:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?

The sad part about something fun that involves money or value are the people that expoit it for the purpose of deceit.

Sorry to get off track.

The really neat part about the N54 VBC board is the variety of opinions and information that gets passed along.