View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Shipping Problems

Posted By: Mark

Lee, I been through the USPS insurance claim process for a lost package. It took over 6 months and a lot of my bugging USPS employees to do their jobs for the claim to be processed: First the seller filed a claim and we waited a couple off months. I called the USPS's insurance division in St. Louis who said they never received the claim from the seller's post office. Of course St. Louis cannot call the seller's post ofice and have a conversation because the USPS employees are not allowed to have long distance phone service. So I had to call the seller's post office. The insurance person was out sick. When she returned, she swore no claim had been filed. She did not keep a computer record mind you, just a memory like an elephant. So I got the claim receipt from the seller and faxed it to her. She refused to take my calls after that, so I had no idea if anything was happeneing. Finally, the post office went through its routine of checking its lost and found in Florida, etc. and the claim was processed and paid.

I don't buy insurance on cards I win now unless worth more than $500 because for anything less it's not worth my time to follow up with their employees.