View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite E-Bay purchases for August...

Posted By: Aaron M.

T206: I thought I was the only one who ran that scam! My wife knows there's no way she's ever gonna find something that I like (I'm so particular and what we collect is generally so obscure and difficult to find it's pointless to even give her a wish list), so I reason with her, why not just let me pick out what I want and give her the pleasure of paying for it (although we have joint-checking, so I guess we're both paying for it, but I don't care as long as I get to spend more on memorabilia free of guilt).

Last year it was a collection of 1909 Cubs passes for my birthday. This year, I'm debating whether she got me a 1938 Brooklyn Dodgers Ebbetts Field "Night Game" ticket stub or if she really went all out and got me a 1948 Bowman basketball wax wrapper. Decisions, decisions.

BTW, always make sure to let her know how much you appreciate it. Months from now you should still be telling her how that card she got you was the best anniversary present you ever got. Otherwise, she may feel hoodwinked and next year you'll get a tie.

Lee: The scan just doesn't do the Pulliam label justice. In person it has such rich color and texture, it almost appears 3-dimensional. A great item for a small price.