Thread: New Rules
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default New Rules

Posted By: Tex

...for buying and selling, and, once I get past a f/b rating of 10 or so, I couldn't give two flips whether a seller leaves me feedback. Sellers are still going to sell to me anyway, so who cares?

I suspect that if auctions only displayed the seller's feedback rating as a seller, then a lot less buyers would be so anxious to receive feedback.

It's laughable how many auctions there are from sellers where the description points out the seller's illustrious feedback when most of the feedback was simply from purchases, not sales. Of course, they know most buyers on ebay won't check how the feedback was obtained.

Also, Jay is correct - scammers who do chargebacks with their credit card after receiving the goods would always have perfect feedback if all sellers left f/b immediately after a purchase. While it's true that a buyer can technically do a chargeback after leaving feedback anyway, it's also true that it's a lot easier to prove he committed fraud if there's a written recording that he received the goods as described.