View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Default The State of This Forum

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty much like Jon. Haven't acquired much since the REA auction (can't afford to anyway if anything good showed up since then) so I quite honestly haven't had much to contribute. I always enjoy reading the forum. It might be slow, but this side also has less people who feel they have to chime in and voice their opinion on every subject that comes up (and I personally find that refreshing). Keep it the way it is, it's doing fine.

I think what also makes it a little more slow is that most memorabilia collectors are more focused in a specialty. For instance, some are into bats, or gloves, or pennents or a special team. Card collectors are into cards, with some sub specialties. As a result, there are more people who have a more common interest and therefore are more likely to contribute because they are familiar with the material. While I find Nebraska Indians material very interesting, for example, and enjoy reading about it and looking at the great stuff shown, I don't have much to contribute to a forum conversation other than "great piece". Now if someone out there starts showing some old BoSox stuff, you would see more of me.

Besides, just how many red backed cards of Ty Cobb can one really look at. I just don't get it. It all looks the same to me and there must be hundreds (thousands?) of them out there.

Greg