View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Default Jackie Robinson Auto - 1st East-West MLK Baseball Classic

Posted By: David Atkatz

"A difference between a good and a bad autograph dealer is the good dealer won't sell the "Ronald Reagan autographed letter" w/ PSA/DNA LOA if he sees that the autograph is autopen, while the bad dealer with the same knowledge will sell the letter because it has a PSA/DNA LOA."

Again, David, absolutely true.

So, how many autopen--or worse yet, rubber-stamped--"signatures" authenticated by the "top" companies must we see before people realize what those CoAs are actually worth?

In 1961, when I was ten years old, I received from the Yankees--in answer to my request--the "autographs" of Mantle and Maris. Only problem was, they were both rubber-stamped. I could see that even then. If a ten-year-old in the Bronx could recognize facsimile signatures, why can't the experts at PSA? (I have pointed out to both PSA and another top authenticator that the c.1940 Lou Gehrig signatures they had passed were, in fact, stamped. In both cases they admitted their errors. We all make mistakes, but certainly experts should recognize stamped signatures.)