View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Default What Is On Your Dream List?

Posted By: Mike H

I'm going to focus only on pieces that may be attainable for me. I just can't put energy into dreaming about a Ruth gamer or Christy Mathewson single signed ball. These aren't in any particular order.

-Joe Jackson full sized decal bat. I believe decal bats are among the most beautiful pieces of memorabilia available a Jackson with dark finish would be the ultimate for me. Wagner would be a close second.

-Spalding Catcher trophy. I have seen individual trophies that rival the Spalding catcher, but they may be one of a kind. Few trophies combine scale, design excellence,intricate details, and head turning power like the catcher.

-A first generation Ruth photo from the early 20s in uni, swinging a bat in Yankee stadium.

-A snow white Goldsmith one inch web with bold stamping. I love anything that dates from the cross logo era for Goldsmith and white gloves are gorgeous.

-This White Sox Pennant dates from the best era of pennants (1910-1920). There are many others from this era I love, but the script, leaping player with killer uni and the ball flying toward his glove, and nice large format make this example one of my favorites.

[IMG][/IMG]