View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default An Offshoot of First Amendment- The Freedom to Post

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Peter,

I guess what I'm really starting to have an issue with is that there's a new post every other hour. It seems like it's always a rhetorical question.

O.K. I admit I'm cranky. I'm from New England and it's in my blood. It's October and I just heard the toilet flush and the water's beginning to circle the bowl once again. When I saw that last post all I could think of is how all these other guys feel.

FOCUS on one thing at a time, man.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to add this:
(which is probably what irked me enough to do my initial post to begin with). Alcoholism is not something that should be taken lightly and brought up as a means to entertain ourselves. It is a major issue in our lives and the lives of our ancestors. Bringing up your initial question, in my opinion, belittles the problem. Would you like to share all of your or your family's idiosyncracies (dictionary not in front of me, sorry if I spelled that incorrectly Barry) or medical issues on a public forum? Quite frankly, I don't believe we should be dragging the names of these guys through the mud either. Quite frankly, it's none of our damn business what they had to deal with on a personal basis or how they dealt with it. I would WELL imagine that many people during this pre-war time period (WWI, prohibition, depression, etc.) had many issues to deal with, baseball being the least of their problems. Then again, that's just my opinion.