Thread: Your Top 5
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default Your Top 5

Posted By: David McDonald

I am not as into memorabilia collecting as you folks although I do enjoy lurking in this forum and enjoy much of what you post. I'm mostly a card guy but I have an odds and sods collection of old stadium postcards, a few old scorecards, a few Hartland figurines etc. Here are some of the things I like best:

The jury is still out whether the signature is real. Looks good to me but what do I know? Will get it authenticated one of these years.

1961 Yankees line-up. Don't know when it was manufactured but I like it because those guys are at the core of my baseball memories, and the detailing is very accurate. Also in the picture is Moose Skowron's 1957 game used Yankees cap.

I have been to a grand total of two world series games in my life. I saw Game 3 of the Giants-Angels WS in 2002 forty-five years after watching Lew Burdette set down the Yankees in Game 2 of the 1957 WS.

Let It Be Known to All Men that I hereby bequeath upon my decease this utterly cool Saskatchewan football pennant to Utterly Cool Max Weder of Vancouver, B.C.

(Edited for totally stupid spelling mistake)