View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Default First February Pickup Thread

Posted By: Chris

I look and look but finding vintage items in Vancouver is difficult. I was pleased to find a few pieces of sports ephemera on Sunday.

Two pieces from my alma mater - Univ. of Toronto, 1950, football game "program" vs McGill. Inside the program was a mini felt pennant celebrating the University's storied hockey team.

Sheet music dated 1924 from Harry Frazee's production of No, No Nanette (cool, due to the Babe Ruth tie in).

A 1941 basketball program (not shown) from the West Coast - the Victoria Dominoes vs. S.L. Salvidge of Seatle. - "The Victoria Blue Ribbons became the Dominoes in 1936 and the two teams were synonymous with basketball in Canada throughout the 1930s and 1940s. The nationally acclaimed Blue Ribbons won the Canadian title in 1933 & 1935. As the Dominoes, they reclaimed three more Canadian senior mens basketball championships in 1939, 1942 & 1946. Three of the Dominoes were named to Canadas silver medal winning team at the 1936 Berlin Olympics."

A 1940 panoramic photo of the Vancouver College, Fighting Irish football team and a complete June 1935 issue of 'Fortune' magazine with, a mint, color, full page Camels ad featuring Lou Gehrig and others.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]