View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default MOVED TO EBAY - 1915-19 Baseball Stars Notebook - Babe Ruth HOF Rookie-Era (BGS Authentic)

Posted By: Phil Garry

Good Evening, Collectors:

Up for sale tonight is a likely "One-of-a-Kind" piece, a complete 1915-19 Baseball Stars Notebook picturing the greatest player in baseball history, Babe Ruth, in a Boston Red Sox uniform during his Rookie-Era playing days. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only complete notebook picturing a baseball player to be graded and encapsulated by one of the major grading companies, Beckett Grading Services, which has encased the piece as "Authentic". Please review scans of the front and back of the piece for condition details.

This might be your best opportunity to pick up an authentic Babe Ruth graded piece from the 1915-19 time frame as your only other choices are limited to the Baltimore News Pre-Rookie, M101-4 & M101-5 Sporting News Rookies, E135 Collins McCarthy, Boston Store & W-UNC Big Head Strip Card. These are all very expensive options to say the least. While it is difficult to put a price tag on a unique piece such as this, I am offering this beauty for sale at $2,500.00 dlvd. and the first person to e-mail me and state "I'll take it" is the new owner. My e-mail address is: vguerrerobb@yahoo.com