View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Default e94 overprint - finally.....

Posted By: leon

I will tell the great story about the "Oh You Fan" card, for those that haven
't heard it. When I was at the National about 2-3 years ago Tom B. came up to Scott B's table (which I always have squatters rights at, although recently I have paid for those rights) and he said he had just bought 2 caramel cards. The dealer he bought them from didn't realize what an overprint was and he picked them up on the cheap. Scott immediately whipped out a wad of hundreds and Tom B. said "ok they're yours". I had been begging for an overprint so Scott B. tossed them both to me and said pick one and I will sell it to you. Not knowing what I do today I immediately passed them to good ole Pete C. (who was sitting beside me) and he said......"hmmm, nice cards....I have seen this one but never seen this one (Oh You Fan)"....well, long story long....I snapped it up like no one's business Good thing Pete was sitting there because the other one was a little darker print so I probably would have taken it had he not been there. I spoke to several of the best known experts in the hobby at the show and no one had ever seen that particular one...woohoo.....The Pennant Winners one I have only seen about 2 pics of before ....regards all