View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Default Yet another scammer - maybe adamsdad again...

Posted By: Gary B.

this is a tough call. i received several e-mails from adamsdad, and this is one seems at least somewhat different in style, but it's hard to tell for sure. the fact that he went right for swearing insults is definitely reminiscent of adamsdad. i just can't imagine someone who was selling something legitimate reacting like that, but it's possible. it seems people who go way out of their way to defend themselves and give long involved reasons are trying to hide something.

the fact that he has a much higher feedback rating and at 100% makes me a little suspicious that it's the same person, but it's possible. i noticed one or two net54 members giving him positive feedback in the past.

now the card on the other hand is VERY suspect. don't you love how he goes out of his way to say "PSA 9 books for $66000, PSA 8 books for $13000, PSA 7 books for $3750, PSA 6 books for 2000?"

on top of that, this guy has a PRO graded 9 and is selling it for a buy it now of $3950? does that make any sense to anyone? is he afraid if he got it cross graded it would go from a 9 to a 6 and he'd be missing out? and the guy actually says he'll end the auction early for an offer on the card. can you even legally do that with ebay?

another argument of why it could be adamsdad is the angry add on to the description below his initial description which is something adamsdad did.

i would love to know his e-mail address (if anyone has it and wants to e-mail it to me - don't post it on the board) to see if it's one i recognize from adamsdad or has any similarities. Also, this guy lives 100 miles (supposedly) from where adamsdad was, both in california. don't know if that's significant, but it could be.

definitely one to watch...